Our services include:
- Driving and then escorting people to local medical appointments, including
doctor, dentist, optician, physiotherapist, podiatrist
- Taking people to hospital appointments and waiting there with them, and then taking them home afterwards
- Helping with shopping, either taking someone to the shops or doing the shopping for them
- Taking someone to visit their partner in a local care home
- Other small tasks – call our duty co-ordinator to find out whether we can help
Our committee includes 6 coordinators, our chairman, vice chairman, secretary and treasurer and meets 3 or 4 times a year.
Meetings for volunteers
We hold our AGM every October and hold another meeting for volunteer training in the spring.
Good Neighbour Support Service
We are under the oversight of the Good Neighbour Support Service which offers us expertise, training and provides insurance cover.
We are a non profit making organisation and rely on contributions from our clients to keep the scheme in operation.